A bunker is a static emplacement (upon, within, or otherwise linked to a specific planetary body), such as a starport, an orbital city, or a "deep site" meson gun. These emplacements can participate in starship combat; however, (unlike ships) they cannot move, and they sometimes cannot even be targeted or damaged (e.g.: deep sites).
- Name -- This text string is the specific identification of the bunker in question.
- Owner -- This is the team controlling this specific bunker in question.
- Where_Built -- This is a link back to the specific planetoid associated with this bunker.
- Tech_Level -- This integer value is the tech level of the bunker's components.
- Power_Avail -- This floating-point value is the amount of power currently available for the bunker's various systems, such as movement, weapons, shields, commo/sensor arrays, and so on.
- Target_Size -- This integer value is used by the game to rate the size of the bunker. It is a numerical rating of the relative difficulty of targeting this bunker (using sensors and/or weapons).
- Parts -- This is a collection of black boxes, representing the various components of the bunker, each of which are capable of receiving damage.
- Skills -- Being an immobile platform (unlike a ship), a bunker will need to track only these skills:
- Gunnery (Energy Weapon)
- Gunnery (Missiles)
- Medical (Trauma Aid)
- Naval Tactics (Ship Tactics)
- Screens (Meson Screen)
- Ship's Engineering
- Systems (Communications)
- Systems (Sensors)
- RCV Operations
- Random_Part -- This function returns a specific, randomly-selected black box to receive damage.