A ship is an individual vessel (as opposed to a task force, which is a group of ships working together).
Parent Class Edit
Child Classes Edit
- Displacement -- This integer value is the displacement (i.e.: relative size) of the ship's hull.
- Configuration -- This text string is the standardized description of the configuration of the ship's hull.
- Tech_Level -- This integer value is the tech level of the world which built this ship.
- Facing -- This integer value is the current facing of the ship with regards to the game's map.
- Power_Avail -- This floating-point value is the amount of power currently available for the ship's various systems, such as movement, weapons, shields, commo/sensor arrays, and so on.
- Max_Gs -- This integer value is the maximum acceleration (in Gs) the ship is allowed to spend during any one turn.
- Fuel_Avail -- This floating-point value is the amount of fuel remaining in the ship's fuel tankage.
- Parts -- This is a collection of black boxes, representing the various components of the ship, each of which are capable of receiving damage.
- Skills -- As a ship is the basic combat unit used in this game, each ship tracks a complete set of skills (all save Fleet Tactics) for its own specific crew.
- Random_Part -- This function returns a specific, randomly-selected black box to receive damage, based on the specific hit location attacked.